“Personal data” is data that can be used to identify a natural person. Some examples of Personal data that we may collect are:
- personal particulars (e.g. name, contact details, residential address, date of birth,
identity card/passport details, and/or education details);
- specimen signature(s);
- financial details (e.g. income, expenses, and/or credit history);
- images and voice recordings of our conversations with you;
- employment details (e.g. occupation, directorships and other positions held, employment history, salary, and/or benefits);
- tax and insurance information;
- information about your risk profile, investments, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets;
- banking information (e.g. account numbers and banking transactions); and/or
- personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys).
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application, declaration, proposal or referral forms;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use our services;
- when you interact with our staff, including business development managers, client managers and other representatives, for example, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and email;
- when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents and other service providers;
- when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or curriculum vitae in connection with any appointment as an officer, director, representative or any other position;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites;
- when we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us, including for financial products, insurance policies or job applications, for example, from business partners, public agencies, your ex-employer and the relevant authorities; and/or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
We do not, at our website, automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address unless you provide us such information.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information on your
customers, spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
You may contact us to request for access or make corrections to your personal data held by PGFS and it may be subject to a nominal processing fee.
Usage of Personal Data
We may use your personal data for our core business purposes, such as:
- developing and providing credit facilities, products or services (whether made available by us or through us), including but not limited to:
o executing investments, banking, commercial or other transactions and clearing or reporting on these transactions;
o carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; or
o analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies;
- assessing and processing applications, instructions or requests from you or our customers;
- communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services and credit facilities (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products, services and credit facilities and their terms and conditions;
- managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- responding to queries or feedback;
- addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- verifying your identity for the purposes of providing banking facilities, products or services;
- conducting credit checks, screenings or due diligence checks as may be required
- under applicable law, regulation or directive;
- complying with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, directives, orders, instruction and requests from any local or foreign authorities, including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other authorities;
- monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us;
- complying with obligations and requirements imposed by us from time to time by any credit bureau or credit information sharing services of which we are a member or subscriber;
- creating and maintaining credit and risk related models;
- financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, risk management (including monitoring credit exposures), audit and record keeping purposes;
- enabling any actual or proposed assignee or transferee, participant or sub-participant of PGFS’s rights or obligations to evaluate any proposed transaction;
- enforcing obligations owed to us; and/or
- seeking professional advice, including but not limited to legal advice.
We may also use personal data for purposes set out in the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer.
Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
We may use your personal data to offer you products or services, including special offers, promotions, contests or entitlements that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible. Such marketing messages may be sent to you in various modes including but not limited to electronic mail, direct mailers, short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
You may at any time contact us to request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes via selected or all modes. Nothing in this section shall vary or supercede the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to any personnel of PGFS, any other companies in the Group, or to third parties, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, where data protection laws may be less demanding than those in Singapore, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to such parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure. For more information about the third parties with whom we share your personal data, you may, where appropriate, wish to contact us or refer to the agreement(s) and/or terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer.
We wish to emphasize that PGFS does not sell personal data to any third parties and we shall remain fully compliant of any duty or obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreement(s) and/or terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer or any applicable law.
We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside Singapore. In doing so, we will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to PGFS on your behalf.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, PGFS may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship already in place. This may also result in the termination of any agreements you have with PGFS, and you are being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. PGFS’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small files which require user permission in order to be installed on a computer’s hard drive. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after such permission is granted. By collecting and analysing data on the user’s browsing patterns, cookies allow web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring a web application’s operations to the user’s specific needs and preferences.
Permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers. You can however choose to disable this function in your browser’s settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This use is designed to assist us in gathering data on web page traffic. The gathered data is used only for statistical purposes and is removed from our database shortly after.
Overall, the data collected by the cookies is used for the purpose of improving your browsing experience on our website. Cookies do not grant us access to your computer or any information about you outside of your browsing activity on our website.
Other Web Sites
PGFS Contact Details
Please contact PGFS about privacy-related issues by post or email:
Data Protection Officer
7500A Beach Road
#15-322, The Plaza